· Rocket Mortgage Classic returns to Detroit Golf Club for the fifth year June 27-July 2
· Tickets are available at RocketMortgageClassic.com
DETROIT (June 1, 2023) – The Rocket Mortgage Classic today announced three new and notable additions to its player field, as World No. 6 Max Homa, World No. 21 Tom Kim and four-time PGA TOUR winner Kevin Kisner have committed to the tournament.
The trio joins defending champion Tony Finau, two-time major championship winner Collin Morikawa and a resurgent Rickie Fowler as early commitments to the Rocket Mortgage Classic field, which is shaping up to be the strongest in the tournament’s history. The field now includes four of the top 25 players in the Official World Golf Ranking.
The Rocket Mortgage Classic is Detroit’s only PGA TOUR event and returns to Detroit Golf Club for its fifth year June 27-July 2. Tickets for Thursday-Sunday competition rounds are available at RocketMortgageClassic.com.
Joining Finau (World No. 12), Morikawa (18) and Fowler (46) in the field are three players featuring plenty of career highlights:
· Max Homa – The sixth-ranked player in the world, Homa has won six times on the PGA TOUR, all since 2019. Homa has won twice this season, and has five other top-10 finishes in 14 total events. He has played the Rocket Mortgage Classic each of the last two seasons, finishing in the top 25 both years.
· Tom Kim – One of golf’s rising stars, the 20-year-old South Korea native is a two-time PGA TOUR winner and has won seven international tournaments. Currently ranked 21st in the world, Kim finished seventh at the Rocket Mortgage Classic as a rookie last season, a week before securing his first PGA TOUR victory. The following month, he played a starring role for the International Team in the Presidents Cup, and he won again in October.
· Kevin Kisner – A four-time winner on the PGA TOUR, he is currently 68th in the Official World Golf Ranking. Kisner has played the Rocket Mortgage Classic every year since its debut in 2019. His best finishes were third in 2020 and T8 in 2021.
The majority of the tournament’s 156-player field will be confirmed as final on Friday, June 23, with the likely addition of final player exemptions to complete the field just before the beginning of tournament week. Four players will earn entry through on open qualifier on Monday, June 26.